Coal Pit, Sauvignon Blanc
£17.70View Product >Add to basket
StyleFull & Opulent
As part of their ongoing search for the maximum expression of quality, the Silva family has been a pioneer in the production of excellent Carmeneres from their Los Lingues Vineyard at the foot of the Andes Mountains. Small sectors of this vineyard have been selected to produce this Carmenere, the result of the first micro-terroir study conducted in Chile.
Intense ruby red with violet hues. On the nose, delicate aromas of red and black fruits with hints of coffee. On the palate, harmonious, with very good structure, soft tannins and notes of ripe red fruits, spices and a soft touch of black pepper. Long, lingering finish.
100% Carmenere from several pre-selected micro-plots of size between 0.1 and 0.4 hectares, all from Viña Casa Silva’s Los Lingues Estate located at the foot of the Andes Mountains in the Colchagua Valley.
- 93 points, Robert Parker’'92s Wine Advocate (05 vintage)
- 92 points, Robert Parker’'92s Wine Advocate (06 vintage)
- 91 points, Tanzer’'92s International Wine Cellar (05 & 06 vintages)
- 94 points, International Wine Review (06 vintage)
- 94 points, wine-pages.com (06 vintage)